Sunday, February 8, 2009

Community Centre


It's been some time since my last post. On November 28th we moved into our new house. There have been a number of issues since that day, all with the house itself, but they're under control.

One step at a time.

But really, I don't think too much about the struggles. Living with six friends is awesome:
- There is almost always someone around.
- If I don't have any plans on a Friday night, that's OK, there will likely be someone here to hang out with.
- Heidi is consistently providing wine for us all.
- Spontaneous, and planned, dance parties erupt and with our combined music collections, there is always something to dance to.
- Spontaneous prayer meetings also erupt from time to time.
- When things do go wrong, there is usually someone to who can deal with it, we spread out the stress.
- I am getting to know my friends so much better and I like what I see.

We are getting excited about the Spring. We have such great plans for the yards, front and back. Gardens and a fire pit and composting! Yay! Becky and I are looking into getting a dog. Becky has started a choir and after one practice with only 4 people, it's already sounding great and expanding our circle.

Living in community, so far, has been just as great as I had hoped it would be.

No comments: