Monday, August 11, 2008

eDating

So I've joined this dating site. 3 month subscription. So far I haven't had much luck. I'm not finding a lot of people that interest me and, apparently, I'm not too interesting to anyone either.

I've been quite honest on my profile, saying who I am (vegetarian, social justice advocate, living in community) so that these guys know what they're getting into. And I don't suspect that many guys that I would like would really be into online dating. But I'm there so maybe they will be to.

I don't have much dating experience in general so this online dating is pretty weird to me. Won't it be super strange if I actually meet someone? awkward

The whole thing is really interesting to me. I can filter people so easily and for things that might not actually be relevant in the long term. Poor grammar is an automatic turn-off, but should I reject someone for just that? Do language skills point to a good heart? If a guy lists "cars" as a passion, I doubt we'd work well together, but who's to say? Perhaps that car fanatic is my one and only. Really, I suspect chemistry is the real thing that matters, not "what do you do in your leisure time? "

I often don't initiate with someone I find interesting because I think they wouldn't be interested in me. I suppose that's for them to decide.

I joined because it seems that I just don't know anyone that could be my mate. It's not as if I've tried to have relationships with people and failed, but that there is a serious lack of appropriate men in my life. But I'm not sure this new online adventure will bring any more appropriate people in.

I guess I'll just see how it goes and re-evaluate after 3 months.

"It only takes one." hmmmmm......

2 comments:

ms. maybe said...

There are no appropriate men in the world. Give up now.

Heidi said...

I am proud of you for getting yourself "out there" Sarah. It is worth a try don't listen to Angie.